Saturday, March 06, 2010

Saturday breakfast

One of my favorite lazy weekend breakfast treats is the Apple Spice Oatmeal from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen. It's a nice change from the quick oats I eat every other day, and has a nice sweetness to it without too much added sugar (I always add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar per bowl). The recipe states that it serves two, but I always eat it all up myself!


In other news, I weighed in today, and since January 5th, I have lost 17 lbs! I am very pleased. Five pounds of that was probably holiday weight, but the rest is pounds off the normal weight I had been carrying for the last couple of years. I must say, it really helps to be cooking for someone, it's keeping me on track. My dad has lost 10 lbs so far, and he is now looking to to reach the weight he was at when he graduated from high school, not bad for a man in his 60s!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

That's awesome--about your weight loss! And your father? That's so cool! Eating purly vegan, my husband got healthier--he lost 5o pounds, and has kept it away for over four years, just eating vegan! And strangely, he probably ate just as much as he ever did before our diet changed. And the whole time, he really wasn't even exercising! Well, he exercises regularly now. But all that 50 pounds... We think it's gone for good. Being vegan has been a wonderful gift for him, for us! It has blessed our lives in ways that we never even considered when we made our choice.

But again, I am so happy for you! Isn't vegan awesome?! :)

Morgan said...

Thanks for nice idea of breakfast.
Dutch Shop