Friday, March 05, 2010

Red Posole

Dinner:


This was my first attempt at posole, a traditional Mexican corn stew intended to be enjoyed on special occasions. When I lived New Mexico, it was often on resturant menus, but I never got to enjoy it because it usually contained pork.

This recipe is straight out of the McDougall newsletter, created by vegan chef Jesse Miner.

I loved the hominy, an ingrediant that will use again, but I sadly did not have any New Mexican chili powder (I used ancho instead), so the stew lacked some kick. I would definately make this again, but will spice it up some next time.

On another note, this is my first blog in a long time, hope to keep the food coming!

(thanks to comments from Valerie and Sarah for kick-starting my blog)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

Yeaaay! You posted! That's great--the vegan blogger community needs you, Nathan! And just look at that stew... Mmmm! Good job! I need to check the link...

Thanks too, Nate, for adding me to your blogroll. Wow... I feel very flattered and honored...

Take care! I'll see you soon!

Sarah S. said...

Oh I love posole! I posted about my own version a couple months back (also lacking in New Mexican chili powder). Thanks for the shout out, too!

Morgan said...

Its my favorite dish ever.
Dutch Store